Freedom to Move for Dystonia
Sudbury Walk and Wheel
June 10, 2018
REGISTRATION 9:30 AM WALK 10:00 A.M.
Howard Armstrong Recreation Centre
4040 Elmview Drive,
Taking part in the Sudbury Freedom To Move Walk and Wheel For Dystonia Research is great support for our cause, Here are some suggestions on how to raise critical research dollars by collecting pledges.
1. Start early! The sooner you start the more you likely will raise.
2. Keep a pledge sheet with you at all times and ask one person a day to sponsor you. Collect the money at the time a pledge is made.
3. Let people know that any amount helps! No donation is too small.
4. Set up a Giving Page at Canada Helps http://www.canadahelps.org/GivingPages/GivingPages.aspx and share your link with friends and family
5. Motivate friends, family and co-workers to donate by promising to wear a crazy outfit to the run if you reach your goal
6. Provide updates. Let people know how close you are to reaching your goal.
7. Thank everyone who donates and let them know they've helped make a difference
8. Find out if your company has a gift matching program and whether they will match the amount of money you've collected. If they do you might double your pledges.