When a child is diagnosed with dystonia, parents may not know where to turn.
There are Resources to Help You:
Resources and Materials:
- Download this dystonia poster for children.
- Request educational materials from the DMRF Canada, including a copy of Never Look Down, to help inform your child's teachers and school administrators. Consider the best way to help your child's friends and peers understand dystonia.
- Listen to this Webinar, developed for parents of children who have dystonia.
Meet Other Parents:
- Consider joining the DMRF Canada Facebook Group for Parents.
- The DMRF Can can try to individually match you with families with similar diagnoses, in your area of the country, and/or with children similar in age. Just ask!
- Connect with other families in the dystonia community.
- Contact us for individual assistance accessing resources and creating your support network.
Help us to do more: Fill out our survey for parents of children who have dystonia, to help us learn more about your unique needs.
Pediatric Neurologist Listing:
- Consider consulting a pediatric neurologist with training in movement disorders or a movement disorder neurologist who treats children. Upload the PDF below for a list of pediatric specialists in the Country.